View Single Post
Old 10-30-2016, 04:16 AM
Lvlng4Spd
Happy at PDT

Joined APC: Jan 2014
Position: EMB-145 CA

Originally Posted by MKUltra View Post
I heard the jet training doesn't do a circle to land to minimums like we do on the dash on the mv.. I'll let you shortly when I transition...

If your initial ATP check ride doesn't include a circle to land at minimums than it will be restricted to no circle to land or vmc only... This can be removed at any time by taking a check ride with a circle to land to min. It can be done in any aircraft type, a little light twin.

If your type rating is restricted, specific to the an airplane, e145 restricted to vmc circling, than the only way to remove that would to be take a check ride in another 145 with circling at mins.

I worked with a dpe a few years ago to get the circling restriction on a couple of people's ATP removed before they went to China "Gina". That removed the restriction on the ATP, but not on their type rating.

Unless things have changed from 5/6 years ago.
Ok, I was talking about the type type rating. We don't do a circle to mins on the MV for the EMB. Hence the restriction, and you need to do a circle in that type or the sim to get it removed. You can't just jump into the Seminole and get your EMB limitation fixed.