View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 08:01 AM
towhook
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2006

Originally Posted by Bukowski View Post
I fly Monday night through Thursday night. I'm blocking on average 5.7 hours of turbine (Metro) a day. I'm also a training captain in the metro so when I train I'm paid time and a half which works outs around $33 an hour. If I was blocking 2 hours a day, AND I wasn't happy...I'd leave. It wouldn't be worth my time to sit in a hotel unless I was attending school or had another gig.

Nobody in management at Ameriflight is holding a gun to any pilots head to stay. And they do not chase down pilots who break the 'integrity' contract. They all know it holds no water, they just hope that pilots they do hire and train have some integrity and finish out a meager year commitment.

The grass can always be greener but....It is what YOU make it...If you don't like it...please leave.
Sweet gig Bukowski. I am sure plenty are envious of your schedule/pay/QOL. Do the guys who don't know what AMF is like a favor and be honest about what their life/pay/schedule will be like for their first two to three years with the company.

95% of the runs at AMF are low time. The pay is terrible till you get typed, and then it simply becomes sub industry standard for the responsibility you are given and the aircraft you are flying. Right now some flight instructors get paid more then an AMF metro pilot.