View Single Post
Old 10-30-2016, 11:12 AM
TristarJS30
Permanent Ready Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: Upright and Locked

Originally Posted by slimothy View Post
It's a great thing. You are living the dream. But your comment fails to take into account the realities of a guy who commutes to sit in a crash pad on reserve, then gets assigned a 4 day trip. 85% of the time CS tries to give me a 30-40 minute callout, which I refuse, because I need the full 2 hours, which still does not give me enough time to prepare enough meals and snacks for a 4 day trip. I am genuinely happy for guys who can live in base and hold a line full of day trips, but we are negotiating a COLLECTIVE bargaining agreement, which should improve QOL for all, including transcon reserve commuters, who also require nourishment.
The original comment I quoted used living in base and flying day turns as an insult, outside of the crew meal issue (and besides, why don't guys who fly day turns need meals?) I asked why it was such a bad thing? I didn't tell anyone to live across the country and commute to what is basically an East Coast airline just as they didn't tell me to live in NY.

Your comment is perfectly logical and I agree, we need to have a contract fair for all.