View Single Post
Old 11-01-2016, 03:33 AM
duece12345
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2010

Originally Posted by TankerDriver View Post
Why bum if you're going to skip the regionals? You can fly your butt off as an ART while getting paid $120k a year. Not sure how the C-17 world is doing for bum life, but in the tanker world, I wouldn't survive at my unit as a bum. Just not enough opportunities to make money and fly aside from spending life in the desert. I'd rather be home almost every night and have a steady paycheck until that major calls me. You can leave whenever you want (which is why they'll never FORCE people to be ART's; it's illegal). Being an ART ain't easy, but you probably wouldn't need to do it more than a few years max. I'd much rather be an ART than living the regional life. Different strokes for different folks.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
good point. in the herc world, my unit specifically, the bums fly way more than the techs. generally all the "work" trips go to bums first. the easy/cake trips go to 1/2 TRs/Bums and 1/2techs. Maybe I have been spoiled because my unit pick up every trip we can get our hands on. plenty of CONUS trips to be had if you want to fly.