View Single Post
Old 11-01-2016, 09:56 PM
TankerDriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005

Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
???

What does an ART top out at? I don't think there are SES ARTs. When do ARTs have to retire? I'm guessing well before age 65.

Airline people can make $300k working eight days/month
60 with 20 years of service. 55-57 with 30 years of service. The kicker is that as a Lt Col, you'll need a waiver to continue past 28 years (which is not a gimmie) and you can also be non-retained from your military position, which means you lose your ART job along with your military job.

If the ANG and AFRC want to impose full-time service commitments and make people work as ART's, this will not facilitate the use of USERRA rights if someone is on leave from a civilian job. If they want people there full-time, cough up the AGR tours. They like making civilian and military duties one in the same when it works for them, but in reality, the work rules between ART duty and military duty are two different ballgames.

ART gigs top out at $124,805 as a GS-13-10 with the 30% pilot "bonus". OG/CC's are commonly GS-14's who top out at $147,477 at Step 10 and WG/CC's could go to GS-15-10, which tops out at $173,477 (plus military pay on top of all that). Take at least $10-15k off the top to pay into bennies, then taxes.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk