View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 08:39 PM
Seatownflyer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: Pilot sleeping.

Originally Posted by dontsurf View Post
hey yeah, we just got the word today that benefits changed. i don't do a lot of traveling (well none actually, except commuting to work and back) but i did see that it changed for the worst. i don't know what it said for you asa guys, but for us at skywest, it changed to us paying $5/segment and $0.01/mile for domestic flights on delta and other delta connection carriers. we can still fly for free on skywest (gee, isn't that nice), but i don't know about us flying on asa, for example. i also know nothing about international stuff, and wouldn't know how, if at all, that changed. but going from free to $5/segment and $0.01/mile domestically seems like a bad change. delta has been trying to get money out of us for years, and it looks like it finally happened. of course, we also have to pay $50/year (no small fee, in my opinion) just to use the delta skynet load lookup and listing junk. i don't know if you asa guys have to do that also or not? anyway, that's my take on the changes for skywest. what is your situation?
Weird, I didn't see anything about that. The only changes I saw were on the United side. its no longer a mileage fee for economy. Its all free. 1st and business class are 65% off ZED fare for domestic and 50% off ZED fare for international. I'm pretty sure thats how it was worded, I'll probably edit this *after* I go look it up. doh!

Lame! I just logged on and saw what you're talking about. bah!

This is what the United side is like now.

Effective November 1, 2007 for all employees eligible for United Enhanced Travel:

• Economy, Domestic and International – waived service charges (applicable taxes and fees apply).
• First Class, Domestic and International – Premium cabin prices will be discounted 65% off ZED fares for U.S. domestic travel and discounted 50% off ZED fares for international travel

Last edited by Seatownflyer; 08-30-2007 at 11:52 PM.