View Single Post
Old 07-16-2005, 08:00 PM
FNG320
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2005
Position: A320 FO
Unhappy

Originally Posted by jblumindtrick
Multi-tasking is not one of our strong points.

A short term solution might be to run the JFK Capt and FO bids at the same time. The downside is that you would have your schedules altered/displaced by IOE (not pay protected). The upside is that you probably would get your next months schedule MUCH sooner.

I think getting a schedule sooner increases QOL even at the expense of waiting for "the ultimate schedule". Of course, that is just my perspective. If this sounds interesting, I am sure management wouldn't mind because it would save the hassle.

Until manning and materials are adequately in place, I don't know of any other vaccine.
I would love to see our schedule run the same time as the CAPT. Other airlines get their IOE/OE trips by buying them from the FOs. Now, that would be good for those lucky FOs if JB would do that, but would cost the company many $$$$. But it is unfair for JFK FOs to bear the brunt of IOE and OE for the entire company. This drives the JFK FO productivity down compaired the Captains or other base FOs. Obviously it is not fair. Where is the caring?

Some of the things they should do is either do JFK first, as LGB and FLL only take 1/2 a day to do. Then release them all at the same time. Then run the (PTO/UTO/Triptrade/Opentime) windows as fast as they can. LGB and FLL would still get done faster than JFK as they do their windows in 1/2 a day, but JFK always takes 1-1.5 days to process.

Or even do them on a rotational basis. Then at least we would be first 1/3 of the the time.

Then there are some months where the pairings are not released till the 8th, the Capt bids close the 15th, the FOs close the 20, then with delays and 1.5 days per windows I have often seen FO not get their final schedule until 28-29th of the month. Not good at all.

But Like I have said... Where is the caring value? No where to be seen....

Just my opinion...

FNG

Last edited by FNG320; 08-22-2005 at 09:58 AM.