View Single Post
Old 11-08-2016, 05:57 AM
Aubieflyer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2015

Originally Posted by Avroman View Post
There are 31 DTW 900 and 33 DTW 200
24 MSP 900 and 23 MSP 200 (I didn't count the 1 900 that is a repo to TPA for interior refurb)
meanwhile there are 56 LGA 900 and 12 LGA 200
38 JFK 900 and 19 JFK 200

The flying has greatly shifted, especially on the 900, to New York. Place your bids with this in mind. And with 18 DTW 900 captains being TDY'd to New York next month, expect even more. There has been a TDY of DTW 900 captians out 5 of the last 6 months now (one month had FO's in because of contract limitations) and yet the vacancies have just barely (probably not enough to cover all the SSP attrition) added back a few 900 FO's. It's a great place to be if you want to be in New York, if you want to stay away from New York, you should apply to Compass or Horizon.
Thanks Avro. I'm weighing the options of a return with 7 year longevity and commuting to NYC to other spots. Trying to get a good grasp of the situation there right now. A spot in DTW or ATL (if it happened) would be better but well understand my place in line and trying to see where it would fall.

LGA is the much better commute over JFK for me but I see that JFK is the much bigger base. Does that translate to faster movement and less time on reserve in JFK?

Also, I see that there are many more 900s in NYC than 200s. Would that also mean more/faster movement on the 900 (in NYC only, I understand that DTW and MSP are never going to move)? Throw into that the rumor of more 200s and how that would affect movement.

I don't care about the airframe, my goal is LGA and fastest movemnt. Chime in on what you think would best achieve that goal.

Thanks for all the info.