Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2016

Originally Posted by Urbandrone View Post
ISL 16-01 has 1560 pilots
ISL 16-05 has 1689 pilots
That's growth.

We added 20 aircraft this year.
That's growth

Sounds like 15-20 more aircraft this upcoming year.
That's growth

Our growth is only limited by our ability to recruit pilots. People making statements on forums about us not growing, posts making it sound like 10+ pilots have been forced to reserve lines don't help the cause and are false. The company would prefer to displace pilots into the New York market. It would be quicker, easier, and have the NYC domiciles staffed already. If they were staffed at 100% I think they would already be looking at another market for our pilots (southern base) Instead they have listened to the pilot group and are more slowly growing the NY market. Yet the pilots who don't want to be displaced are now complaining that they don't have the schedule they want. The key here is hiring and complaining about good pay, growth, and quick upgrades again will not help the cause.

I want a Detroit base with a line, I know that's not going to happen. So I bid away, I get to commute. This is not what I wanted, but what looked best to me. Tough choice, but a choice.

This company is growing, giving us choices, and paying us well. What more do you want?
Preach it.

Every airline, including regionals, have bases that are very senior. I would love to not be commuting from MSP to NY... but here I am. Remember too that this isn't a charity, they're running a business.