View Single Post
Old 11-08-2016, 12:37 PM
PasserOGas
Banned

Joined APC: Feb 2009

Originally Posted by WhiteHammer View Post
I don't agree with Bubba 100%. I know I risk the union mafia attacking me by saying this, but it's taking too long to get a CBA. We have been paying dues for over 2 years. For 99% of us that's just money down the drain. Protections. Protections from what? It's such a small group that encounters this, and yes having alpa at your back is nice. However I don't feel sorry for the group that can't show up on time, can't talk to people right, can't wear their uniform right, can't follow SOP, ect. For the majority it has been a 2% pay cut for nothing. I am optimistic that we will get a good CBA, who knows, no way to tell now what we would of got with the DR, better? Worse? Probably worse than the initial CBA, but who knows. It's just taking to long. We are throwing huge sums of money at Alpa. Get it done. Why is that so hard. Millions of dollars a year are going into their pocket. I know it's a contract from scratch, not really though. Are we waiting for the economy to take a ****? Are we expecting TA1 at the end of 2017 just to vote no and get TA2 at the end of 2018. That would be 4 years of dues with no contract. That's not winning. We pay dues and watch all the other carriers get 25-30% raises, really. I understand why bubs is mad, and soon there will be many more like him.

I get that you are mad it's taking so long. I am as well. Just remember who you should be mad at. The company is benefiting from dragging this out. They could walk in, drop DAL's contract on the table, and we'd have a CBA the next week. They are the ones hoping we grow impatient and accept a sub par contract. This is straight out of the union busting playbook. I suggest using your anger to study up on the SOP, not carrying write ups, not picking up RSA's, and taxiing at a safe speed.