Thread: FedEx Hiring
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2016, 05:29 PM
gasnhaul
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: Stuck in Purple Limbo

Originally Posted by abom6 View Post
I'd like to keep this thread alive. It gives me hope when I hear of others getting calls, or has it dried up?

Here are a few questions about the questionnaire portion of the application that I've been trying to find, and haven't. Maybe someone can chime in:

#22 Have you ever been a Check Airman?... I provide equipment training and initial and recurrent checkrides in a Part 91 flight organization, but my title is "Instructor Pilot." Should I check "YES"?

Same question... I was a Flight Commander and ADO in UPT squadron and performed multiple progress checks on students who busted checkrides. Should I check "YES" or is that a stretch?

#30 Line Check Airman?... Is this strictly Part 135/121? Or based on my experience above in Part 91, do I qualify. I give checkrides that include Equipment Competency, IPC, and Line Check on the form. Again, my title though is "Instructor Pilot."

#34 Director of Operations?... Is ADO a stretch if I check yes, but explain it underneath as an Assistant Operations Officer?

#35 Duty Officer?... When I read this, I thought of SOC, SUP, or SOF from my military experience. The pilot who sits around and makes sure everything runs smoothly with that days operations either in the squadron or in the tower. Does this sound right, or is there a civilian definition I am missing?

Any help would be appreciated, especially from those who have been in similar Part 91 or Mil backgrounds. What did you do on these questions? Did you get called? Did it come up in the interview?

Thanks.
My thoughts on this as far as the mill side is concerned is to pull up your job title listing from AFPC along with your old OPRs. Your title or AFSC should steer you in the right direction. If you were K coded you were an instructor Q code for evaluator and job title should typically reflect this. Also for DO the same applies. For example the whole squadron chain of command could be out and someone from the wing staff calls wanting to talk to the CC or DO. You're the highest ranking Flt/CC or maybe the only person around and need to answer their query. So you're the CC/DO/ADO/SNACKO for the day...I wouldn't say I was a CC or DO on an application even if this was a semi normal occurrence. As someone already said they are HUGE on integrity here so if you don't have an OPR or job title somewhere that matches what's on the app I'd answer no just to be safe.