View Single Post
Old 11-11-2016, 05:41 AM
155mm
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2014

Can you find an Army buddy with a CFI-H? Their logic appears flawed! For instance, folks come out of the fixed wing side with a mil comp for commercial instrument airplane single and multi -engine land with a type rating and never received a complex, high performance, spin or pressurized endorsement in their personal logbook and get an ATP and fly for the airlines! Perhaps the airline specific training records cover them for the airline only and they need logbook endorsements if the were to fly under Part 91 (ie: personal airplane)? To me, the fact that you hold the certificate tells me someone at the FAA has reviewed your military records and found you satisfying the regs to get the CFI-H! Perhaps they interpret it that your CFI-H may work if you were a check airman or Instructor at a 135 helicopter operation but if you want to fly part 91 or teach under 61 or 141 you need the endorsements?????

I agree more signatures and endorsements in the log book won't hurt! I guess worse case, there is a starving CFI-H pilot out there you can hire to get the endorsements. You may have to go up in a Bell 47 or R22 and spend a few bucks but it may be worth it! I believe the FAA has an ask a question website, where legal in D.C. interprets your question and posts their opinion on the FAA website. You can also join AOPA and they have a brilliant staff to answer questions as well!

Curious, Why are you going for an MEI first instead of the CFI single?

Last edited by 155mm; 11-11-2016 at 06:17 AM.