Old 11-11-2016, 12:58 PM
mike sierra
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2015

Originally Posted by C130H View Post
So I have just hit the line out of their October class in SJU and was told that I need to keep good track of my monthly hours. They have a 120 hour per month limit and word on the street is some pilots have been known to accidentally go over the 120. Yesterday I flew 3 turns from San Juan to St Barts and logged 5 hours... From the looks of the schedule most crews will fly three turns a day. They do have some schedules with overnights but they try to get everyone home at night. Upgrade is merit and time. They make it clear from the beginning that you are not just going to upgrade to PIC at the 135 mins. If you are not a team player and not company focused you are going to be in the right seat for a while. They self implement some minimums for PIC's into St. Barts which is this companies money maker destination and it could take an SIC a good 4 to 6 months just to reach those mins if they are not flying into St. Barts regularly. Again I am only speaking for the Caribbean pilots based in SJU. But pilots based up north tend to be more senior with the company so I assume it is not much different.
C130H

Can you start at the north bases before going to SJU?