View Single Post
Old 11-11-2016, 02:43 PM
PRS Guitars
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2013
Position: A320 CA

Originally Posted by viper548 View Post
You'll make the most money over the first few years if you take the E-190. Reserve on the E-190 is only a few months long. Bid off at the 1 year mark. If you're lucky, you'll get held for a few months and make group 2 pay while flying a nice line. When you go to A320/737 training, it will be a couple more months of good paychecks.
I'm on my 3rd year here, and the best paychecks I've had were when I was being held on the 190. 2.5 years and on reserve, can only hold a line in LGA, MIA and the 737 in LAX.
Yeah,

My QOL at the 8th month point on the 190 was much better than it is now (almost done with 3rd year). By the 12th month, I easily had all weekends off with a line. I tasted QOL that I won't have for years on group 2. Right now I can't get even a single weekend off with a line or on reserve (long Call) It's a great deal for anyone living in PHL or commuting from the east. I probably wouldn't bid it as a west commuter though.

I have a buddy living in PA that plans to stay on after the one year point because of his high QOL.