View Single Post
Old 09-01-2007, 01:11 PM
Micro
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Drinking from the fire hose

Originally Posted by RedeyeAV8r View Post
They outmanuever us because certain percentage of Membership isn't behind the Negotiation effort with collective resolve. Just a few examples...............

"I want a good contract but I need to fly that sweet little draft trip CRS just offered."

"I need put in for that Make Up trip"

"I need to protect that 45 hour carry over trip"

and Oh by the way

"We really need those nice work rule improvements, but don't mind me if I pick up this disputed pairing. What does it matter?"

"My gosh, why are negotiations taking so long?.....excuse me I have to enter my vacation Buy Back request into VIPS to be first on the list."

Talk is Cheap...............and we are good at talking but not walking the walk.

fast forward 3 years...........................
Why didn't we get better work rules?
Why didn't we get better Pay rates?
Why did we lose Pay for training?
Why are our monthly schedules going down hill.?

Hello........Look to yourself and your fellow crewmembers before you throw darts at the leadership.

Newsflash---- We really don't require profesional negotiators.(although as I said we already have them in Herndon.......and they do sit at the table with our guys!)

We require a membership with Collective not Individual resolve. Chester Karass or Donald Trump can't get you a Better deal because the company doesn't negotiate with our guys until they see they can't negotitate with us. Things will not improve Until WE ALL are willing to participate in the process and hold those who are not.............accountable.
I'll agree we have a number of guys who could care less what the union asks them to do. Does it make it harder?? Yes. Is this a large percentage? I'd say no. But face the facts, you're probably never going to get these guys on-board (look at the non-members still) so ignore them. You still have the VAST majority of our pilots behind the Neg Comm and that's what counts.

I still think we DON"T need pilots sitting AT the table. The negotiators in Herndon aren't OUR guys. Yes they are available from ALPA but we don't "own" them. In the end, they're just "area" experts and not the guys fighting the company. I still haven't seen the overriding reasons we need PILOTS negotiating.