Thread: Ameriflight
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2016, 08:57 PM
sobo
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2016

Originally Posted by beech1980 View Post
Not to be a Debbie downer... but really?? Atlas and definitely UPS do not need help getting pilots.
Originally Posted by Jetlife View Post
Was that birdie the PR ACP?

Both Atlas and UPS have no trouble getting pilots, and UPS right now is taking the tip of the spear. I would be shocked if AMF had flow with anyone, especially UPS, why would any one go to Omni if there was flow to UPS? This Omni deal will prove to be better than it sounds, just like the Allegiant deal. About the only difference is that you don't have to interview at Omni, but the same politics on the AMF side are still at play.
American has no problem getting pilots either, yet a flow through exists with Envoy. Yes, I am fully aware it's apple to oranges.

This apparently was one of the big subjects at the last base manager's meeting. I heard this through a base manager at one of our more senior bases.

Why, what, and how are the questions I cannot answer. All I know is it has been rumored that Atlas was the primary flow through we were going to get. Without being prompted, the names Atlas and UPS came out besides Omni in regards to flow through agreements AMF was working on.

Take it for what it's worth, break room talk. I would not be surprised if Atlas was the next one announced though.