View Single Post
Old 11-18-2016, 04:02 PM
AdiosMikeFox
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2014
Position: Feito no Brasil, CA

Ok folks, sayonara. I'm signing off. I'm flowing in the next few months and, in an effort to preserve my anonymity, am going to sign off here now to avoid pinning myself to a specific class date. I'm not going to stick around like some of these other guys and moan about a place I no longer have a stake in. I just don't have the time to peruse these forums anymore, lousy schedules and commuting consume my time and I don't need any extra negativity in my life.

That said, here are some final thoughts about Eagle (I'm not parting under that other name):

How long did it take?

~16 years.

Was it worth it?

The people I worked with have been awesome. I have favorite captains I'll never see again, Fo's I hope to see flow up behind me. The company itself? Maybe Eagle lived a sheltered life, but watching the decline of the airline, especially the last several years, had been brutal and painful. I used to have a great schedule and just didn't know it until I got to see what a lousy schedule was. We never suffered unilateral changes to our contract. Reserve wasn't as brutal. You could have a life.

That's changed. I don't feel like that's the case at this time (as a commuter). If I left under the same relative terms I spent my first decade here under I would say it was 100% ok, would do again. These last several years have sucked. My time is gone. My pay is lower. My commute stinks. If I had a choice at a different regional that offered better schedules, same advancement, and to live in base I'd be hard pressed to make a decision. The only thing that would attract me to ENY is the flow. Tough choice, everyone. I can't make that choice for you.

That said:

The flow worked. I'm outta here in a few months. Done. Gone. Last job I'll ever have. Best thing ever, I'm incredibly excited that it's finally working out.

I cannot wait to get out of here, and I mean that I every way possible.

If you've got questions, I'll answer them for a while, then I'm deleting my account.

Good luck to all. See you on the other side.