View Single Post
Old 11-19-2016, 12:35 PM
Pntbllr233
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2014
Position: Noob

Originally Posted by Antoine137 View Post
During training, I was thinking of bringing my car down to DFW (from Michigan). Any thoughts? Good idea/bad idea? How do most people get around? Uber? Hotel shuttle? Thanks for any insight. Just thinking it would be nice to have a car for those 10 weeks. Thanks!
Transportation to and from training is provided. If you get the Holiday Inn their shuttle will take you to anything within 5 miles. For a night out to decompress or relax you're probably better off with Uber. Split it with a couple other people and you'll pay next to nothing. There's plenty of stuff close by. Food at the hotel restaurant/bar isn't bad. They give you a $5 voucher for each day that you pass on room service. If you want something else there's a Longhorn Steakhouse, Whataburger, and Jimmy Johns all within walking distance. Shuttle can take you to other places. A car would be awesome during training, but all the way from MI would be a long drive. Plus, I was thinking of doing the same thing and a dead heading crew member I was chatting with said that parking lot has a lot of issues with theft. Not sure how true that is because it's a nice area, but you never know.