View Single Post
Old 11-19-2016, 06:21 PM
Albief15
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006

Originally Posted by PurpleToolBox View Post
Let me guess, you came to FDX straight from the military?
Dave Webb was a former F-16 pilot. Chuck Dyer flew S-3s. Rich Zins flew F-15s and was a Desert Storm Vet, and John Cardaci is former Viper guy too. Last ALPA President Lee Moak--USMC F-4 driver...

I know there are a ton more guys who have served, but I just prattled off some I know personally off the top of my head. Dave and Chuck worked tirelessly to get ALPA on the property years ago. The other guys are your current officers, Lee Moak (love him or hate him) was a very influential guy on the Hill for several years. I'd venture to say every one of those guys has earned their stripes in the trenches working for our pilots at some point.

I get the "you don't understand its sucks here because you've never been anywhere else..." thought. What I would counter is we've had decades of hard working union guys who've gotten us 3 contracts here. The last ALPA chair here came up through the regionals to FedEx...and I liked him too, but he didn't make sub go away either.

You know what I see in the AOC? FedEx pilots. ALPA members. Period. If you want to do a DNA test on where they come from and make assumptions, knock yourself out. I think we are past that. Make your case against contract provisions, not against your fellow pilots. We should be well beyond that by now. Its been almost 10 years since I pulled the JFS handle on an F-15, but I flew a FedEx 767 into Cambodia last week. I also have a silver ALPA pin. So--does it matter where a guy was 10-20 years ago at this point?