View Single Post
Old 11-20-2016, 08:50 AM
Molon Labe
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: non acceptus excretus

Originally Posted by gloopy View Post
Absolutely. The guy works for an anti American company that sells visas to rich pay to players from the ME. At first I thought the party was simply using him, but it quickly became clear he's a hard core leftist who is just using his son's heroic service and sacrifice for partisan political gain. Shame on him for that.

As for the deplaning incident, I'm still assuming there has to be more to it than what's reported. The press constantly gets just about everything wrong (often intentionally) WRT aviation. One FA somewhere tells a lady to cover her nipple and all the sudden here come the SJW's protesting the evil patriarchal corporate devils who are anti-women anti-breast feeding anti-children blah blah blah.

I've seen nothing, and I mean nothing, but respect for military and their families. As in mass quantities of praise, free upgrades, gate area and cabin ovations, meals and coffees paid for, etc. I have never seen a single incident of disrespect. This story just doesn't add up.

The only thing I can think of is that maybe the way the PA was delivered, people may have thought it was just a VIP of some sort getting general preference. There is zero chance there would be boos if it was clear to people that it was a family going to retrieve the body of their heroic son. Well maybe if first class was full of the Berkely Student Council Safe Space Committee or something. Even then, they'd still probably be smart enough to shut their justice holes for the 15 seconds it took for the family to deplane.
Plus 1 Gloopy! Best post of the thread.