View Single Post
Old 11-21-2016, 01:24 PM
CassinAK
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: Captain

Originally Posted by AKpilot View Post
""The air group is the most profitable passenger airline in the U.S. They have been making record profits on our backs for the last 8+ years. They make 20%+ profit compared to single digits by the big boys and low 10s by some of the more successful major airlines. The legacies make their profit on volume but ounce for ounce, the air group is a powerhouse. According to Mr. Tilden, company’s earnings per share are expected to outperform all but 36 companies in the S&P 500. The air group's net profit in 2015 was $842 million. Just to give you an idea, the air group's 2016 first quarter net profit was $184 million-another record! As we all know, the first quarter is the slowest season.""

So please answer which airline management do you like? Which airline has a better management team? The management we have now is not the same as we had 10-15 years ago. It's a different airline. Different environment. Our current contract is not up till 2018. They could have just stuck to that date. While I'm not happy with the progress of the TPA etc. I think they have their hands full with the VX merger. From what I have heard from ALPA communications the Management side of the negotiation team are amateurs. I support the "NO concessions and industry leading pay" mantra. Most of the people I fly with are very happy at AS but ARE expecting a BIG pay bump.

The Airline industry is doing better now than has in the past decades. AS has been hiring pilots and FA's. New pilots are spending less than a year on reserve. If you are not happy now you will never be happy. With all the airlines hiring you should bail to the one you think is best.

They couldn't stick to the 2018 contract date because a merger triggers the Labor Protective Provisions of our contract that requires a JCBA and SLI. Management isn't negotiating a new contract because they want to its because our contract requires it.