View Single Post
Old 09-03-2007, 02:59 AM
da_flyn_hawyn
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007

There are some ups and downs to going to a big school and a local FBO. I went to an FBO for my private, then did my instrument. I decided that I really just wanted to get it down so I went to a bigger school that got me done in a timely manner. Some big schools are a lot more expensive, and there are a few that are pretty reasonable in pricing. But as for airlines and going off to the regionals, make sure you ask to see their contracts if they have any. I went to DCA and they said that they have lowered minimums just for students at DCA, but the don't. They are also way to expensive so don't even think about going there because they might have the best education, but you won't be able to buy a house in your future. My advice would be to finish off you private at your local FBO and then just see what you want to do, if it is to the airlines in a hurry, then ATP is for you, if not, then check around at other flight schools or just stay at your FBO. Remember now, just because they are a big flight school doesn't mean that they have the best education, it all depends on your instructor, at least that's what I think. Hope this helped good luck!