View Single Post
Old 11-27-2016, 08:49 PM
Comstsa
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2016

Originally Posted by joe hokie View Post
Post #1 for DHC-8 Upgrades;

"We will be running an upgrade class of 10 for the February Bid. Please make sure your Domicile/Seat preferences are updated by December 1st, 2016 at 1800 EST.
OPENINGS FOR:
5 EWR
5 IAD"

Post #2 for ERJ-145 Upgrades

"We have openings for the ERJ-145 aircraft for the December bid. Please update your preferences NLT 1800 on December 1st, 2016. You can do this out on .INFO

OPENINGS FOR:
7 IAD CP
7 IAD FO"

In Summary; 17 upgrades announced (Or 17/350ish pilots, or roughly 5% of pilots on property) Great time to be at CommutAir.
I'm currently FO in the dash w around 500 hrs. I'm considering transitioning to 145 FO. The main reason is that I would like to get comfortable in the 145 before moving into the left seat when I hit 1000 SIC. The downside is I'll miss out on 3-5 months of flight time while training, extra checkride, and possibly worse sched than what I have now in the dash which is pretty sweet. Any opinions on my situation would be helpful. Also, 7 open FO slots is a lot more than I expected. Am I reading this correctly that all of those 7 openings are for current c5 pilots? I'm fairly confident I could land a spot if I put it in my preference. But I'm not sure if I understand when the class starts? Is it for December? If so, what happens to my December dash line that has already been assigned to me if I'm awarded the 145? Thanks!