Thread: Boutique Air
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2016, 09:41 AM
RBZL
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2016

Originally Posted by DiveAndDrive View Post
I also found Monique on LinkedIn. I haven't even been contacted for an interview yet. I haven't heard anything from the 3-4 applications I sent in. Think it would help or hurt to message her?
Don't make phone calls, send messages, etc. to check on an application unless someone has tried to contact you for an interview and you're having trouble getting a hold of them using the return contact information they give. The application form says as much after you submit your resume and information.

Submit an updated resume every so often if you've acquired more hours and you're still interested, and they'll contact you if you're competitive. People seem to forget that throwing in an application doesn't guarantee an interview. When they've got so many applications, they start being picky and looking at what else you've done aside from rack up time.

Also keep in mind that hiring may slow down a bit now that DEN and PDX are a little more well-fortified, at least until another new route or two opens up.

Originally Posted by thenewguyhere View Post
This guy gets it. If you're so upset about the HR dept dropping the ball, it's probably best you don't come to BTQ. Fast growth makes this sort of thing difficult to avoid, especially in the EAS business. BTQ is doing everything it can to avoid becoming the next Seaport.
I don't think the above was in reference to people complaining; more that BTQ is still experiencing growing pains so this type of experience is somewhat standard even when you get into the company. Management takes a while to get back to you on anything that's not critical, etc. - if you're not the type of person that can handle such an environment, BTQ probably isn't a good place for you to be right now.

If they've truly got somewhere between 30-100 apps a day, I can see why they aren't able to personally notify every person that doesn't move on to an interview. I didn't hear anything for about a month, and then I had to play phone tag for a few days after first being contacted about the HR interview, which is standard for BTQ's process. Then, it was another three weeks of radio silence until I got a call for the technical interview. This timeline/experience has been posted a few times now, so it should be expected if you're still interested in working here.

Despite all of the above, I'm still happy to be here. We have regular pax at outstations that will tell us how happy they are to have us in their town, how much better we are over the previous guys (not difficult considering who the previous guys usually were), and how great of a job we do. CSAs and pilots alike generally try to get to know the regulars, be as friendly as possible and help everyone out however we can. Word is we're trying to slow our growth by bidding high on contracts we don't want to take on yet, and we're still being awarded contracts because our reputation is spreading and towns are willing to pay more to have friendly, reliable service. It's kind of nuts but it's also a great thing to be a part of.

Whether or not it's worth the wait during the application process is up to you, of course, but as mentioned, you'll need to be competitive too.