View Single Post
Old 11-28-2016, 06:43 PM
gloopy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2010
Position: window seat

Originally Posted by gojo View Post
Lol, you're funny. I'm not sure where your confidence is coming from? The surplus of pilots is decreasing in all sectors while retirements are increasing rapidly year by year. The so called surplus you see now is the result of the lack of hiring at the major level this last decade, and sooner or later that surplus will diminish. A flow or rather a lack of a flow seems like more of a personal issue with you and a couple of others on here. When I Jumpseat I don't feel the same sentiments from the majority of your peers that I meet.
Nice projection, but it has nothing to do with personal sentiments. If anything, you have some kind of personal issue with DL's lack of a flow. I think regional pilots are in general excellent candidates and Endeavor pilots are no exception. But DL just isn't going to go for a straight flow and be forced to take the few pilots at any given airline that they don't want to take. And no, that is not going to throw the company onto the liquidation steps because staffing has collapsed and mass cancellations are the order of the day until and unless DL embraces a flow, all the while mighty AA rolls to dominance in all things aviation because they have a flow. :roll eyes:

Competitive pay (which I hope keeps going up) and a strong path to DL that takes almost half the pilots there every 2-3 years is plenty to incentives new hires. Even if every airline adopted a flow, that wouldn't increase the number of available qualified pilots. Nor would every pilot sit around waiting for their number to flow anyway.

You're trying real hard to imply that if DL doesn't adopt a flow then they will rue the day they decided not to as their waterloo that caused the end of the airline. :roll eyes:

They will do just fine without a flow. I look forward to flying with many Endeavor alum in the future, which will be the case regardless the lack of a flow through. You're really just coming across as having a feeling of entitlement to a DL number and are salty that you have to earn it instead of being given it TBH.