Thread: 73 vs. 320
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2016, 12:21 PM
flyinawa
Weekend workaholic

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: A320 CA

Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
I think I would beg to differ sometimes on the Chesly arrival. I have seen it do some stupid stuff there.
I always expect it's going to blow the fixes..which is rare, but does occur from time to time. Some arrivals are more notorious than others so I just periodically put the newspaper down, to do decent math, and then it's back to Sudoku. The magic of the Airbus is in spite of the fact it blows a crossing restriction or two from time to time, it nearly always shows up in amber on the FMS telling you it's gonna blow it.

I love this thing...although after almost 13 years I'm not totally sure I have the skills left to fly a conventional airplane.

Edit: as far as shutting everything off from time to time....DO IT! It really is a pleasure to hand fly. However, developing the habit of ALWAYS shutting everything off because you are afraid of what it's doing or what it MIGHT do should only happen until you understand it and can stay ahead of it. Then just shut it off for fun.

Unless you're senior to me...in which case this thing is a total nightmare. We live in terror of when we're gonna get violated!!!