View Single Post
Old 12-03-2016, 05:15 AM
wmupilot85
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2006
Position: Reclined seat

Originally Posted by No Lies View Post
Is it true that pilots were hired between 2007 and 2011 at L asa? Does that mean that the facebook page for XJT is not telling the truth when they say a big jump in upgrade time will occur sometime in the future because they did not hire 3 or 4 years during that time period? Are the upgrade times on the L asa side over 9 years right now? Is it true that you will only be paid 65 hours instead of the standard 75 hours during training?
There was no hiring in 2009 at all. There is 16 people hired in 2010, 38 hired in 2008, and 30 between the most junior captain and the last 2007 hire date. Upgrade time is currently at 9 years, not to much over. Training pay is 65 hours of guarantee at full wages, with going to 75 after completion of OE.

Originally Posted by AceyCandler View Post
I was a 2007 hire but left L-ASA and made a lateral move a couple years ago.

I've heard (and met) some of the pilots who got the "kinda sorta" upgrade, where they got the fourth stripe but kept flying from the right seat. Is this program still active? Are these "kinda sorta" captains flying much in the left seat today? The one "kinda sorta CA" I ran into last summer was wearing the fourth stripe but flying a trip as an FO. This pilot was hired in mid-2007 which suggests the current "most junior CRJ CA" posting on the APC airline profile for XJT is inaccurate as it currently shows 3/2007 as the most junior CA at L-ASA. (sheesh, that's about a 10 year upgrade!!!!)
Most junior captain that I see, without digging too much into it is a 9/07 hire date. They do have a set max of 45 per month that bid as FO's, but retain their captain pay to sit LCR as a FO. You're also paid continuous tax free per diem for the entire month as well, which is a bump in pay for them too.

The union has also proposed new FO pay scales to the company. A 4th year FO will be paid as a 3rd year captain, 5th year FO as a 2nd year captain, and so on until 8th year FO is paid a 5th year captain rate of $73/hr on the 7/9. This would be a large pay bump for 4th year and up FO's.