Thread: SWA Morale
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2016, 06:08 PM
flyguy81
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006

Originally Posted by mainlineAF View Post
Why do you constantly feel the need to justify the fact you're not at a legacy by making little jabs at them? You enjoy SWA. Cool. We get it. Good for you. SWA is a good airline.

But to say 15k AA pilots won't go to bat for you is nonsense. Every pilot group has their 5%. SWA does too.
In 10+ yrs flying AA Connection I can count on 1 hand the number of times a AA pilot refused to push until all the jumpseaters/nonrevs were on board. More times than I can count I've had AA guys try and circumvent the priority listing to get ahead of express guys on their own equipment with the excuse being, "I'm mainline and you're not".

The ONLY times I was treated as an equal on an AA plane was when the crew was TWA. They'd put you in 1st regardless of what seat the nAAzi gate agent gave you on a wide open flight, make sure you were taken care of by the FA's with food, and would make sure they didn't leave without you if they knew you were waiting to get on.

That's not to say there's not nAAtive pilots that aren't top notch....I just never ran into very many of them in ORD or LGA. Don't even get me started on the AAgents in STL...