View Single Post
Old 12-06-2016, 03:27 AM
whalesurfer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2013

Originally Posted by FTFF View Post
Newhires in 2014 & 2015 were forecasted to upgrade in about 10 assuming the statues quo remained (avg retirement at 63 and 400-something bypass bidders). The new contract and aircraft announcement(s?) will drop that by a couple of years assuming everything else stays the same.
Maybe. I'm just giving current upgrade times.

However, I should've said that currently it takes ~15 years for a line pilot to upgrade to a captain position at ups. Seems like APC Profiles have been updated. Remember, 15 years is the the first available upgrade class.

I agree that projections imply a quicker upgrade sometimes in the future BUT don't forget that everyone seems to be projecting an age 67 rule very shortly. Maybe even before the new president takes office? Additionally, the economy is doing ok but that's about it. So yes, these are conservative projections. If I were a potential new-hire I'd hope for the best but plan for the worst, wouldn't you?

From APC Profiles:
"Monthly guarantee: 81 hours*
Reserve guarantee: 81 hours*
(*75 hours per 28 days, converted to calendar month)

Vacation changes: 2 weeks of vacation in a single pay period (4 week period) = entire period OFF, pay protected or Vacation days paid out at 5 credit hours per day or Traditional vacation conflict rules or Vacation week slide to cover trip that falls outside of vacation

Int'l override pay/hr:
Capt/IRO/FO:
$6.50/$4.50/$4.50

Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Program (DESPP) offers 5% discount

Most Junior Capt hired: June 14, 2001 B757/767 ONT
"