Thread: SWA Morale
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2016, 12:19 PM
e6bpilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2013

Originally Posted by full of luv View Post
Just as a public FYI.... how do you get pre-boarded as an offline JS? The ONLY time the ATL agents let you do this is if it looks like you'll be on the actual seat and then they let you go down and check in, otherwise I've asked a couple of times and I get the "back of the line you little ingrate" look and of course that's where I go and patiently wait for my free ride. Not complaining but just curious how you pull the early board off with the gate agents?

If you have the jumpseat pass (Cockpit) then you are required to pre board per the ground ops manual. It helps speed up the flow and gets the awkward "where do I put my bag" out of the way. If there are seats in the back (or even if they say there aren't) I always tell jumpseaters to head on back and get comfy and we will call if we need you.
The problem that a lot of commuters run into is that the CSAs are either too lazy or too hurried to run CASS, so they just print a boarding pass. Now they aren't required to let you preboard, though most old school ops agents will.
I work for SWA and I always ask them if I can please have the cockpit so that I can preboard and introduce myself. I have gotten a few sideways glances, but it takes less than a minute and they know it is the right thing to do.
ATL is possibly the worst station for nonrevving of any sort. I get treated better by Delta than I do by AirTran...I mean southwest.