Thread: New TSA Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2016, 07:32 AM
FlyingKat
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2011
Position: Taco Rocket Operator

Originally Posted by NeverHome View Post
Yes all these things suck. No kidding. But this is actually my second regional. Trust me when I say that yes things suck, but I have seen worse. No I am not making that up either. Again I still maintain that the regionals are better today than they were 5 years ago when I started. And though they are better, they still suck. When I was hired here TSA was the shiny penny. Now its the AA WOs. Just wait, they will be eating crap with us too...again.

And to mister minimumwage, what do you think I am smoking? More to the point, what do you disagree with? Do you think TSA is the worst? If so, why stay? At my last regional things were not very pretty when I left. I had alot of reasons for making a lateral move. But right down to it, it took balls to do what I did. So, again why stay here if its the worst (or close to it)? And still more to the point, why are there individuals out there who think that we should keep regionals around?

But hay, im just one tooth on one cog in this giant machine, if that. Carry on.
Well said. This is not my first job in this rat race either, and while there are some serious issues here, many that people gripe about are related to regionals in general, not just TSA. The biggest issues here are payroll and IOCC. Every regional has payroll and scheduling issues, but TSAs problems since IOCC exceed anything I have seen anywhere else, and IOCC is a disaster to put it mildly. The company does seem to be interested in fixing the issues but we will see. I don't blame junior FOs for bailing to the American WOs right now. What they are offering is very hard to say no to. However United and TSA are going to have to do something, the market demands it. Don't be surprised if they up the ante on American in the next six months. Will be interesting to see how they do it, but if an airline can't offer a package that includes support while working as a CFI to build time, retention bonuses, and some guaranteed path to a mainline career they are going to struggle to hire (and stay in business) because the market for pilots is going to demand it. Will be interesting to see how United and TSA do this, but they will have to do something. Amercian WOs may be the place to be now, but that will probably change in six months when United/Delta matches what American is doing and ups the ante.