View Single Post
Old 12-10-2016, 07:35 AM
woog315
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2015

Nothing I want more than the two groups to become one, didn't mean to suggest otherwise. Just stating that thinking our customers don't understand ATI and ABX are currently operating as two distinct airlines is a mistake- the fact that the contracts are with ATSG doesn't change that and the single carrier petition does not contradict that in any way. In fact, the purpose of the single carrier petition is to say 'a single entity is operating two distinct airlines doing the same flights for no reason other than to whipsaw. They essentially are and should be treated as one airline' That is literally the entire point. ATSG is obviously playing a game, but the pilot groups *and* the customers are wise to it- that was my point. I hope we all sing kumbayah together and fix the problem. I want to be pals, seriously.

ATSG has both of us in the palms of their hands- in one hand is the highest paid pilot group and best work rules in the ACMI industry, in the other hand is essentially the lowest paid and some of the worst work rules- you tell me what the solution is. It's up to us, collectively, to not **** it up and help improve working conditions and pay for everyone in the industry, not just ATSG employees. What exactly is it that ATI pilots are fighting for? As someone who, after punching some numbers into a calculator, declined an interview with ATI but jumped at the chance to work for ABX, I have a hard time understanding what it is that is dividing us. It seems to me the core problem is that you guys arent really fighting for anything, you are just passively letting your representation screw you over. It might be painful, but I dont think its unfair to say ATI guys are unmotivated and kind of rudderless- and who can blame them really, they are all looking to just move on. A lot of guys at ABX actually want to make a career out of it- whether thats a good idea or not is another discussion, but things are good enough here that people are interested in staying, that doesn't seem to be the case at ATI. Maybe thats unfair (or outright incorrect), but its my read of things.

As to reliability, it doesnt even matter. Not trying to have a ****ing match about it, but thinking our customers view us as one airline and don't understand what ATSG is up to is a fantasy. They have a lot at stake, you think they don't have a thorough understanding of how ATSG operates? I could be wrong, and I'd love to be shown that I am- but an Amazon rep doing a site audit spoke to the pilots directly and stated that they have noticed ABX has significantly better reliability than ATI. Who cares though, honestly? This place will either become a pretty good place to work or it will tear apart at the seams and lead the race to the bottom, thats up to us. It doesn't matter who gets what flights done if we let ourselves get screwed by the process.

Last edited by woog315; 12-10-2016 at 07:50 AM.