Thread: New TSA Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2016, 08:42 AM
FlyingKat
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2011
Position: Taco Rocket Operator

Originally Posted by Future Cpt Kirk View Post
TSA will never up the ante on what the WO'ds are currently offering. They don't have the pocketbooks or willing upper management to do it. Will they offer a new sign-on bonus and a retention bonus? Probably. The union email stated both would be rolled out soon. But don't expect the figures of those bonuses to be anywhere near the WO'd sign on or retention bonuses. Won't happen. I'd expect to see the return of the 10k "sign on" bonus with maybe a 5k annual retention bonus. That's probably about it. Better than nothing, but not good enough to combat the multitude of problems the company still has not fixed.... They still owe me over 1k of pay. I've been gone almost a month and a half. No response from anyone after multiple attempts. I'll probably never see that money.

No reason for a junior FO to stay right now. Maybe if you're driving to work.... But get comfortable driving to an FO job. Because you will not upgrade. And you'll never be paid properly.
I know you are hoping that we don't get a great deal here because you decided to leave, but if you think United and TSA are going to stand still and just go out of business due to a lack of staffing you need to put down the crack pipe. The handwriting is on the wall. United is going to have to do something, the question is how far they will go and what they will do to make sure they have reliable regional lift. TSA will have to do something as well, but a lot of what TSA can do to match the wholly owneds depends on UAL. There is a new Sheriff in town at UAL (Kirby) and we will see what he does after the first of the year. We will also see what TSA does as well. I could see UAL buying regionals again or investing in them to gain more control. I also suspect there will be some regional consolidation next year due to the pilot shortage, and it wouldn't surprise me if TSA gets sold or buys someone else. But one thing you can count on is there will be big changes next year. So I don't blame anyone for leaving for Ameican or a better deal somewhere else, but to think the situation at TSA is going to remain "as is" is ridiculous.

Last edited by FlyingKat; 12-10-2016 at 09:00 AM.