Gets Weekends Off
Aviatormar
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Jan 2007
  • Position
    CH2T Worst plane ever
Quote: Not sure what the exact numbers are for the past; but I think I can give you some conceptual direction that might answer the intent of your question. I'm sure someone will correct my numbers to be more precise but PSA rapidly hired and grew from a group of about 500-600 pilots to 1200. That massive hiring wave occurred from around 2013/14 through last summer when things slowed down. Last year around this time PSA announced the desire to hire 1000 pilots over the next two years. While I don't know the exact numbers of how many were hired in 2016; what I can tell you is that hiring approximately kept up with attrition maintaining us close to the 1200 number until the recent explosion which has us over the 1200 number and growing. That being said we are a year into the "we want 1000" and it would not be a stretch to say that we need to maintain current class sizes for quite some time to get there from here. Depending on who you listen to the desired endstate is anywhere between 1600 and 2000. No matter how you slice it there is quite a bit of successful hiring and training required to get to where we want to be.

Does that help?
Yes it does! So looking at the new Dec '16 awards and if that the newest captain is still a July '15 hire, that would mean that the sorta quick (less then 2 years) upgrade still is around. Is thay correct?

Also what are the proposed changes to the SAP?