View Single Post
Old 12-10-2016, 10:22 AM
34PNW
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2016

Originally Posted by 42ER View Post
Whew that's a lot of questions threw at me once. I'll try to answer it one by one. If I miss something, let me know.

1. I am based in KOA. Found a place for $547 a month including everything. Share bathroom with your own room.
2. The company will try their best to positive space you throughout training. But if you are assigned to a training base (KOA/OGG) like me. They do not cover the housing after ground school. I have to crash with other classmates (based in OGG) in the hotel on the little bunk I made with them while the training is being done in KOA.
3. There was 6 in my class.
4. No airfare is included.
5. Full CASS and KCM. I jumped to Chicago, New York, Phoenix, Taiwan and London for leisure during the past 6 months I am here.
6. Average across the board is 60-70 hours now. LAX might be a little bit better, but don't quote me on that.
7. Hawaii-based pilots are home every night, LAX pilots do few day trips with crew house in IPL and SMX. Semi-commutable now, but since LAX ops is new, they are still trying to figure it out.

Lastly, guys, this is a very good low-time pilot job, which is rare. Don't expect to be treated like the regionals for training (Airfare, hotel, pay, scheduling). The hiring takes a while, be patient. I am very glad I have taken on this job.

Whew...you all owe me a drink lol.
Thanks for the information.