Thread: Allegiant Air

dutch rudder , 12-10-2016 11:52 AM
Gets Weekends Off
dutch rudder
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Oct 2016
Quote: Just curious if the schedules have changed much with the new contract.
Have they changed significantly enough to have consistently commutable lines right from the start? Probably not… if that is what you are asking. There is new language in the CBA that limits the number of single days off. 6 days off are required to be grouped together (ie, 1 group of 6 days off, 2 groups of 3 days off, 1 group of 4 days off and 2 days off, etc). This language helps the Jr. guys, especially those on rsv. A rsv line has minimum of 12 days off, so there is a possibility of having 6 single days off in a month. Being relatively senior, this new language doesn’t affect me much since I don’t have an issue holding groups of days off.

Because of how flying is distributed throughout the year, and because we have PBS and several bases of varying size, there are many variables that can affect a jr pilot's ability to get a commutable line. When I was new, I had a reserve month that was entirely commutable and the next month would have been tough.

The one thing to keep in mind is seniority comes quickly here… if hiring continues. Variable Base Domicile is a better option for guys that don’t live near a base. However, to truly reap the benefits, live near a base. QOL can be excellent!

Sqwkvfr is right… several changes to scheduling section that we haven’t seen yet.