View Single Post
Old 12-12-2016, 08:37 AM
gettinbumped
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: A320 Cap

Originally Posted by Bwipilot View Post
Friend is planning on buying husband a noise cancelling headset--any info on U Fly Mike headsets that are allowed by United?
From what I hear, they are still not available. I called them about a year and a half ago to inquire and they said they were still working on them. I'm surprised they still aren't available, but I think it's taking a LOT longer than expected so who knows when they will finally be out.

I got the DC DC Pro X's and LOVE them. 20+ years of just using an ear mold came to an end when I went to the Uber Guppy. Man that this is DEAFENING. I'm finding more and more folks on the 737 are getting headsets. On the A320 and 757/767, I NEVER flew with anyone who had one (at least at LUAL). So it really depends on the fleet. But I would suggest your friend contact UFlyMike directly and ask when they are going to be ready. One thing to ask as well... If I remember right, you had to wear some sort of ear piece inside the Bose headsets with UFlyMike because when the batteries went out, the thing went silent. With the DC's, the ANR just shuts off, but you can still hear the radios.

Unlike McNugent I find HUGE value in the ANR