View Single Post
Old 03-15-2006, 08:38 AM
Crownz

Default Where do I begin my research?

Hey Everyone, i'm new on this forum, i just signed up. Im from Montreal Canada and am 18. I've always wanted to become a pilot since i've been a kid but i dont know if i'll find a job in that field. Im planning to become a Commercial pilot an fly for companies such as Air Canada or so. But until I build my 1500 hours, when i get my PPL, is finding a job easy? Also, if anyone can help my out on this one, is it something that can last? I mean, do pilots stay pilots or do they often get tired of it quickly and find another job instead. Becoming a pilot is a huge investment, and i dont want to pay that much for a program i wont even practice in 10 or 15 years from now. Also, is the salary satisfying? I hear pilots are rich but im not sure what to believe. Can anyone help me out, I really wanna know how and where to start. I'm finishing my CEGEP and after that, i don't know where to go and i want to avoid wasting my time, i dont have any sort of piloting liscence either. So if anyone can give me some info, it would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks!