View Single Post
Old 12-12-2016, 11:15 PM
cactusflyer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2014

Originally Posted by 150Aerobat View Post

Also, I'm thinking of applying, but flying 6 legs a day at $31 an hour is really not something I'm excited about. What is it that you all like about working there? All it has going for me is to keep living in the Pac NW.
I'd say the only good thing about QX at the moment is the people.

Outside of upper management (who range from "well meaning, but clueless" to "sociopaths with MBA's"), most of the employees here are great people that love what they do, and QX is small enough that you end up actually getting to know some of the people you work with, especially at the smaller bases like Boise or Medford.

We also get to do some fun things with the Q400 (hand-flying CAT III approaches, RNP .1, etc...), but that's nowhere close to being worth the $20k you'd lose in just the first year of coming here versus any other regional.

Originally Posted by Ratso View Post
Thank you Snacky for the response.
What about below average? A EUG turn for 2?
Do you guys have holiday pay?
Profit sharing? Any bonuses?
Pilots don't get any kind of holiday pay at QX.

As for profit sharing, we do get a bonus check at the end of the year based on a mix of Air Group profit, customer satisfaction, CASM, and safety, which has worked out to around 9% (about a month of pay) for the last few years.

We also have a "performance based pay" setup, which awards up to $300/quarter based on customer satisfaction and on time performance. Since the on-time metric usually gets hosed by things like Q400's deciding to break (which they're very good at), or flow to SEA, the full $1200/yr payout for PBP is pretty unlikely to happen.

Last edited by cactusflyer; 12-12-2016 at 11:25 PM.