Thread: Planesense
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2016, 09:07 AM
Toonces
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2013
Position: FO

Our attrition rate is about the same as it has been, it has been heavier on the captain side, hence hiring direct entry captains. The expansion is mainly on the jet side - PC-12s have been mainly for replacement. We should have 5 Nextants and the first PC-24 by end of 2017. Those planes need more bodies to fly them, and I think we have been adding planes faster than we hire and upgrade.

I think morale is fine right now; however, the company is going through changes with the new bases, changing crew schedule, etc. I think our folks will continue to feel uneasy about those changes. The plus side is that our pilot group has a good relationship with management and we continue to make positive additions to our quality of life. Most people leave to advance their career, not because of poor morale.

My personal opinion is that the biggest challenge our company will have in the future is the same as everyone but the top tier, top paying positions: attract and retain pilots. The business model works, but maybe at some point we won't be able to continue expansion to meet demand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk