View Single Post
Old 12-16-2016, 04:30 AM
727_Driver
facing forward

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: forward facing stick actuator

Originally Posted by LearDude View Post
Do yourself a favor and next time (hopefully there won't be a next time)DO NOT call any number upon landing until you've called an attorney, it is not mandatory to call the number they give you. I repeat, it is not mandatory that you call the number they give to you. Everything you say can and will be used against you. AOPA offers free legal advice if your a member.
That would depend on what you think happened. I've been part of crews that have called the number and thankfully nothing has happened. I have also had events where the controller was at fault and had the atc manager asked if I wanted to pursuit action against the controller's error. Of course I said no. The vast majority of the time these guys/gals are human and more interested in getting it right than going after legal action. Now if there is loss of separation or your aircraft or another aircraft was put in jeopardy then their hands are tied... By not calling you can bet the items will be forwarded on if the controllers know they are in the free and clear...

just my .02 worth