View Single Post
Old 12-18-2016, 08:55 PM
atrdriver
Not A Janitor

Joined APC: Aug 2008

Originally Posted by Raptor01 View Post
This!! I've been here 10 years and the final straw for me was the MEC news this week concerning negotiations. I've started updating my logbook and applying to the big 3. I'm not getting any younger waiting on this place.
This is the message I was trying to convey to prospectives in one of my earlier posts: if 10-year captains are bailing, it's a sign that this place is seriously messed up.

The thread started by pointing out our shortcomings and warning pilots to steer clear, then it quickly devolved into "oh, we are way behind everyone else but it isn't that bad because I made more than I did at my regional and I don't mind playing janitor every day."

Have some f*%&ing SELF-RESPECT and stop rationalizing your decision to come here! Either bail for an airline that compensates you properly and treats you like the professional you are (blue-gloved cabin cleaners moonlighting as pilots excluded), channel your energy here to working toward an industry leading CBA, or resign and become an aircraft cabin cleaner if you think that is your calling in life.

/rant