Thread: Boutique Air
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2016, 10:03 AM
bmo42
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2016

Just giving an update of my experience so far with Boutique. I applied back in April and had about 700 hours at that time. I did receive the generic confirmation email, but that was it. A couple months ago I randomly received the email to schedule my initial HR interview. I certainly didn't expect to hear from them since it had been so long, especially since I don't have a CFI. But I scheduled the interview and started prepping for the inevitable HR questions.

On the day of the interview I sat next to my phone waiting for the call that never came. I thought maybe they were just running late, so I waited another hour. Nothing. Eventually I emailed them and for whatever reason I wasn't added to the call list for the day, but she said she could interview me right then. Okay, that works. So over the course of the interview, which was incredibly basic and straightforward, I quickly realized that this lady was being contracted by Boutique to screen applicants, essentially. It was a very unprofessional call where she was audibly yawning during our conversation, and kind of turned me off to the whole company. At the end it was clear that instead of this being a "we saw your resume and want to hire you" interview, it was more of a "your resume finally made it to the top of the screening pile" interview.

At the end of the call she said everything looks good except for not having had a previous paying aviation job. I've been towing gliders full-time for a couple of years, but it's for a club and I don't get paid to do it. So I guess that doesn't count.

I have yet to hear back from them about scheduling a technical interview, and I don't anticipate that call. I'm not at all bitter, I guess I was just hoping my first foray into the professional world of aviation would have been a little more... professional.