View Single Post
Old 12-19-2016, 07:45 PM
BATOL
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2014

Originally Posted by higney85 View Post
My wife told me to give up Pbs and forums. This month is the transition to focusing on life instead of the virtual world. Life is short, then you die. Just dealt with cancer and 6 months of chemo. Back to work, waiting on a medical (expected to be just paperwork in wait), but ya know what... you can spend all kinds of time on forums, but life continues. Either live it, or ignore it. I'm done with trying to play "source" or refute folks saying what they think will happen as truth. Trust, yet verify. I've done that, for almost a decade, and been in the fold to the point of the table, seen reality on the outside, and lived life almong the way. I'm done.
I'll visit from time to time, but the notifications (hey, that's why I'm replying) are now off, and I'm living life as God intended. If we cross paths and you reference me (or anyone does), I'll buy the first round. Life starts when you decide to live it. I've lived through 2 heart surgeries, 6 months of chemo, (in the last 24 months) and 3 years of infertility with the wife. I'm 31, and I thought by being at a regional at 21, with a 4-year degree, was a step to a quick path, but life has its own pace. Enjoy what you have, and make the most of what you know.

If you want to make God laugh, just vocalize your plans. Remember 1 thing- it can always be worse. 6' under is the worst case.

God Speed. If you don't believe in God, well worst case- you could be dead. Done. Love your life and figure out what actually matters, guess what, focus on that. Wish everyone the best.

We all owe you a debt of gratitude for being the voice of reason time and time again! I get where you're coming from and have strongly considered unplugging myself. Good luck! And thanks for all the info!!!