View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 01:57 PM
FlyingPoke
I'm here to help...

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Default Multicom/Unicom?

If I understand this correctly, the AIM says Multicom includes "Activities of a temporary, seasonal, emergency nature, etc, and for airports with no tower, FSS, or UNICOM..."

A DPE around here likes to grill on this for whatever reason, and a specific question is how do you find it on a sectional?... I would assume any airport with 122.9 or 122.925(both MULTICOM frequencies) in the UNICOM slot... so then, what is the difference at the airport that lists a MULTICOM frequency in place of a UNICOM... and is there any actual difference in the type or way of communicating, or who you are communicating with?

This is very confusing after reading it, so sorry for not being clear, but I dont understand the difference, or why you would list a MULTICOM frequency instead of just a UNICOM for an airport...

Another puzzler, forward and side slips... the FAA - Airplane Flying Handbook has the "wing-low" method as being a sideslip... which I thought was the opposite and that a forward slip was the wing-low method used for landings... this is all very confusing, and even after reading the definitions in the book it still doesnt make any sense