View Single Post
Old 12-20-2016, 09:10 PM
DC8DRIVER
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: 747

Originally Posted by Tenacvols View Post
Nah, I didn't throw KF under the bus it was widely known throughout her department. A lot more to the story than I posted but it involved mirroring up my return from Afghanistan with a class date. She and DB helped me out and I showed them my appreciation. The individuals in HR are overworked and under paid just like 90% of the individuals at Atlas.
You might not have thrown her under the bus, but Atlas is a lot different from the military and you should learn that there is a world of difference between being appreciative and civil to workers in other departments and buying favors from them. The loyalty you had for fellow servicemen should now be directed toward the pilot group, NOT anyone from any other department. You will soon find that Atlas management, and unfortunately, the other employee groups that have to follow their lead, will take advantage of you and circumnavigate your contractual pay, schedule limitations, benefits, and work rules. Grievously. Every day. And always to their advantage.

The pilot group here in currently engaged in a war. You should know this from your due diligence. I'm not saying that you have to be rude to anybody, on the contrary, I always treat everyone in other departments with respect, but working any sort of deals, doing them any sort of favors, treating them with any kind of gifts only weakens our position.

There are already far too many old school "company men" who help out Atlas and compromise our strategy. Please start your (short or long) career at Atlas fighting for the right team.