View Single Post
Old 12-21-2016, 04:22 PM
plt32173
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2011

Originally Posted by JetPoweredNomad View Post
SFO-MSP is a B scale market at best. Build up the market with the small jet and if it is worth the larger jet, it'll happen. Better to mature a market with a small airplane. But I guess job security is taking 25 people in a 320 from LAX to SJC and cancelling every other route the airline starts. We already did the OC thing and it worked stellar, huh? Delta has mainline RJ's, that's something for scope. Everything larger than 50 seats should be mainline. Except that Q400, keep that back at the regionals, even with another stretch job. Heck, maybe giving Skywest SFO-MSP is keeping us from getting 787s. If we have a go at scope, if it's even part of the TPA, let's scope the code share side as well. How quick does the 737 do PSC-PDT? Do we want to fly that route as well? Seniority has nothing to do with it if most of the lines in the bid packet are built in a way that it's impossible to commute to them both sides. There are so many issues, scope may not be the most pressing, and it's a huge. We have good negotiating teams, I have faith. Right now, there is no scope. So give a little bit of a break to someone seeing the bright side of expanding routes. If that's me not doing an OC turn at the end of a 4 day in the immediate future, all the better.
Agreed but Alaska should be flying those E175s. Let's put our foot in the sand and stop giving away flying.

Most of Alaska flying is regional. This flying never should've slipped away in the first place.