View Single Post
Old 12-21-2016, 09:59 PM
flyingak
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2016

[QUOTE=afterv1;2267392]
Originally Posted by flyingak View Post
So, after reading that memo today my thought train is really rolling. I chose CP because I needed a commutable airline where I could hold a SEA base and not sit RSV as I was still on RSV after 1.5yrs with my previous company. I'm halfway through training now. Should I get the type and bail, or is there some hope of actually flying ever and sitting RSV less than 6mo?? Looking for some honnest opinions here from those who have been in. Thx

In my opinion if I was in your shoes I'd wait a little and see how attrition goes and how this all plays out. We can speculate all day but truth is none of us really know what's going on in management (if someone knows the truth and have solid facts from the inside now is your time to leak the info lol ). I do believe they are trying to get flying but I don't think they're close to getting anything yet and I'm not very optimistic just yet but I do hope they pull off something.

If you bail that'll be another 3-4 months of training and maybe it'll take you 1-2 months or longer to even get a class date based on where you're trying to go. Things are really not that bad just yet. You could leave tomorrow and compass gets just 10 planes and that'll change the whole picture. It's a very unpredictable industry but I don't think being 60ish pilots overstaffed is the end of the world. Assuming we lose 20ish a month that'll take 3 months or so to be back on track. I know for a fact a good amount people are leaving in January and I know few others that are in pools waiting for dates but time will tell. But best of luck in whatever you decide
Solid advice, thanks!