View Single Post
Old 12-23-2016, 07:03 AM
unity2010
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2013

Originally Posted by Dacuj View Post
Yes, closing LGA and MIA may have been premature. However, the company was planning for RAH to fill the gap in MIA as they needed the 175's for those lucrative routes. As we know, staffing became an issue for RAH and that continued our flying down there.

Let me say this about the current Envoy. We have evolved from the mostly sole feeder to AA to competing with other regionals for flying. Since this transition over the past 4 years, comparing Envoy to all the regionals flying for AA, Envoy is hands down the best. We provide the best product, ontime flights, professional staff in comparison to the other companies.

In a lot of ways we have maintained this special relationship with AAG as we have progressed into the era of competing regionals at American. How, you ask?

We have the best flow in the industry. No other regional comes close.

We are transitioning gradually to an all E175 fleet. This is the top of the line "regional" jet. Everyone knows though that this isn't a real regional jet. The other two WO's fly the regional jets. We fly routes that AA does. In a way, you could see we are a hybrid mainline American. Before you start saying how stupid this is, read the next point.

Which brings me to, we have one interview. It's an AA interview. You interview, hire into Envoy and less than 6 years later you are at American. You don't have to do another interview or a medical. You simply transfer over as you would if you had bid the E175 coming from the E145.

Not a single other "regional" carrier in the U.S. has this. AAG wants it this way. They want a cradle to grave employment opportunity. That way, Envoy gets the best and the brightest out there. Envoy isn't Mesa. We don't "interview" over the phone and the interview isn't easy. It shouldn't be. It's an American Airlines interview.

So, tell me again why you can't be positive about Envoy?
I agree, I'm a old Metro Guy (Metro Airlines-the first every American Eagle), seen all the ups and downs of this crazy airline..