Thread: jetBlue Hiring
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2016, 06:17 PM
Tom a Hawk
What’s it doing now?

Joined APC: Mar 2011
Position: 190CA

Originally Posted by Petethedog View Post
Any insight into how the company views folks w/o 121 time?
Looking to break into 121 next year while bypassing the regionals and JB has always looked pretty good. As for me:
4800TT
1500 Part 135 (80% was PIC)
750 TPIC (mostly PC12 and caravan)
1200 Turbine
200 Jet
Bachelor's degree

Talked to a JB captain recently who claimed they like to hire 50% 121 folks, 25% military, 25% random.... Accurate?
Also, how big is LGB base and what are the chances of this out of training?
Finally, planning on talking to recruiters at a fair next month, any tips?

Thanks all!
Pete, I had a big class about 3 years ago and those ratios were spot on. Most rj captains, a few military, a few corporate, a few turboprop, and a few rj FOs. You look competitive to me, as long as you're current and recent. LGB is growing a little bit to use all of our slots there, targeting 134 FOs on the bus. There were 9 openings unfilled on the latest bid, so some new hires in the next six months will get it. If you get hired try to get the bus at least to get out there. 190 doesn't fly west of Texas. 2 year equipment lock. Lgb will still be a senior base, if you ever want to upgrade you'll probably have to come back to the northeast. If you don't get it in training I would think you'd get it in under a year as long as you're on the bus.

If you go to a job fair with JB attending you better be prepared like it's an interview. Those people can get you in or out. Know JB history, know the 5 values, have stories from your experience for each of those values and you'll be able to impress. Good luck. More questions?